Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Weddings are special - reposted blog


A wedding is a ceremony that celebrates the beginning of a marriage or civil union. Wedding traditions and customs vary greatly between cultures, ethnic groups, religions, countries, and social classes. In some countries, cultures and religions, the actual act of marriage begins during the wedding ceremony. In others, the legal act of marriage occurs at the time of signing a marriage license or other legal document, and the wedding is then an opportunity to perform a traditional ceremony and celebrate with friends and family. A woman being married is called a bride, a man called a bridegroom, after the ceremony they become a wife and a husband, respectively.

Source: Wikipedia website

I have been attending weddings ever since I was a child. I am inspired to write about weddings today. Lately, I have been thinking about settling down. But to no avail, I know it's not going to happen. At least because that is what I want. I am not the marrying type of guy, who aside from my preference sees no point of having to marry any one. Will I continue to feel this way? I have yet to see.

Pressures from your kinsmen, friends and society sometimes lead someone to find someone to marry. A person marries by his own will, as part of his religion, and of course by virtue of the power of Love. Wikipedia had its own definition as I showed above this blog.

In my lifetime, I think I have attended like 10 wedding ceremonies: Aunt Tina's wedding, Aunt Meynee's wedding, Kuya Arnel's wedding, Diko's wedding, Sangko's wedding, Rochie's wedding, Weng's wedding, Mae's wedding, Yuri's wedding, Shindie's wedding and just recently Sharon's wedding. All these weddings have one thing in common, it's warm.

When I was younger, I had my own share to become a ring bearer. Then I grew older and had my share to become a secondary sponsor. At some point, I was part of the simple rites of offertory.

The march of the wedding entourage is something that's always been anticipated by everyone. This is where the tears and excitement are starting to mount. I remember this is one of the best part of the wedding.

After the church ceremony, we go to reception where we celebrate the newly weds. Aside from the food, we look forward to seeing the program, the traditional wedding cutting of the cake, wine ceremony, doves, garter and bouquet.

Weddings, bonds, love, commitment or whatever anyone may call it, it's really something. Even in the older times, we regarded weddings so highly. Even gays engage into weddings, nuptials, 2 become 1 sessions with their promises of love.

I love weddings. After Sharon's wedding, I was thinking how many wedding ceremonies will I still attend. Maybe more weddings and I will truly be honored to be part of the wedding rites, ceremony and celebration.

Happy. Dreamy. Just attended wedding. So warm. Inspiring. :-)

No comments: