Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Condo Fever

Last weekend in Baguio, I saw the movie Condo. It was an indie film that was done in a very puzzling way! I guess the writer really tried to ignite my analytical senses when watching the story unfold before my eyes! Anyways, this movie somehow probably triggered a long conversation between a young friend and myself, especially because we got so trapped in the puzzles of the movie that we just saw.

The conversation unfolds –

I would be writing about this if not because of something that happened today, Monday. I was chatting with Den, a good friend, probably special enough for me. Someone I thought I could spend my life and my time but perhaps it was all too early to assume. Anyways, my train of thought just led me to think about what my young friend and I were talking about in that cold middle of the night while his boyfriend was sleeping between us.

The question is –

“Bakit nga ba hanggang ngayon wala pa..” or something to that effect

I immediately pause and thought about it. My answer was simply “Wala pa eh, may kulang pa sa kanila,” - or something to that effect.

For me, having a partner right now is not a priority but certainly it’s something that I want and hope to have. It’s not a luxury or even a necessity but I do know within myself that I want to have someone with me, to share my joys, laughter and pains. But to this point in time, that person hasn’t really express himself to me. Maybe he is there but then again maybe not. I just grew tired of thinking about it I guess.

That cold night, led my young friend and I to talk about the complexities of getting into a relationship and for that matter the most peculiar relationship any human being could get into. The setting was right, the timing was perfect which made us talk all throughout the night. It was a healthy conversation, it was a refreshing exchange of views. It was a mental sex about love, relationship, beliefs and ideas! I learned some new views and hopefully my friend also learned something from me. It was like a shrink to patient session and vice versa. It was a mutual conversation which got ignited by Condo – the movie.

Conclusion of conversation –

I couldn’t clearly remember the night and how it ended. I know we said “Good night” at the end of our conversation. Aside from that, we lurked on some points such as never surrendering to the disbelief in love, always think of what might be or what could have been, think of what good could possibly happen if you risk this or do that, think of what the other person can do for you to make you laugh or make you cry.

Thanks to the movie, Condo – we may have not find what we’re looking for but we did try to analyze some thoughts and hopefully find our truth or find what we seem to lose or not find.

No comments: