Friday, January 04, 2013

Friends through thick or thin?

Sometimes I can't help but question the friendships that I've made in my life, whether those are deep meaning or otherwise.

I guess it's normal to have those moments when we question the sincerity, the loyalty and the alliance because just like being in a relationship , friendship requires constant assurances on both sides to know and help us understand that we are not just friends when things are good or okay but also when things gets tough.

Even simple gestures that requires significant adjustment by one end to another is a big deal to me. Especially if I am the one requesting or inviting at least I would expect if you really know me you know that if I say I want this or that, and its not a matter that affects the surrounding significantly but more on the subtle side where you can adjust if you want to because I ask you to, you ought to consider that - as a friend to me!

Big milestones in life, just like in anyone's own area, are really requiring support not only from family, loved ones but also good friends. What kind of support? Well, at bare minimum I guess the security of knowing that as a friend , just like what the song said, "you just call out my name, and you know whereever I am, I'll come running.."




No comments: