Monday, September 15, 2008

I am no fan of hospitals or clinic at all!

So here it goes, I went on to have my doctor's appointment later today. I left the office after seeking permission or informing my associates that I have to go to the doctor today.

I am early and was literally on time. I registered at the counter. I sat by the waiting area. I read some of the magazines. At some point, I even had to dial in to one my meeting while I am waiting for my turn at the doctor's table. In the course of my waiting time, I got so pissed off and disappointed 'cause I have been waiting for over an hour already.

My turn came, I got called by the nurse. She was polite enough and cheerful mood so at least my irritation on the situation was lowered at some point. We proceeded with the routine vital sign check up etc. After that, she asked me to wait for the doctor. This time, literally I am inside a small room inside the clinic, where I am asked to wait for the doctor.

In that small room, where I am seating and waiting, I felt some discomfort and stress! I waited there for another 30 minutes. So my dissatisfaction got so high, I had to go out of the room and ask the receptionist where the FUCKING DOCTOR IS! They were polite enough, but rather COLD BITCHES I would say. I asked them to tell me how long I would have to wait for the doctor since I have been there for over an hour already. On that moment, I felt like what is the use of setting an appointment when you still get delay in getting the attention.

Finally, the old doctor came in. He was apologetic for his delay. He had so many patients to deal with prior to me, that's he's excuse. I told him in a jokingly manner but seemingly disgusted way, "I THOUGHT I HAD TO JUST RESCHEDULE. FOR I HAVE BEEN IN HERE FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW. YOU BETTER TELL ME SOME GOOD NEWS.!"

To cut it short, after long time of waiting. I totally wasted two hours of my time this afternoon. It turns out that my other tests were not yet in. So I said, why did your staff gave me a call to set an appointment today when all you have for me is incomplete information!

Poor doctor, 'cause I am no longer tolerant about the inefficiency. Add to that, the stress level I incurred by waiting in that small gloomy room. Imagine my stress thinking of some morbid thoughts, how sad it was inside that room, all white painted room, not so lively room and seemingly lifeless room. It reminded me of my mom when she was hospitalized years back and died. It reminded me of my friend who just got hospitalized recently. It reminded me of the things, all the sad things of why people go to clinics, hospitals or patient care sections. Even if this is just a simple check up, it does matter for me. Even if it's just a simple doctor visit, it was such a big deal 'cause sometimes doctor visits can either be a good news or a bad news. So imagine, the added stress of waiting that long only to be told I will still have to wait, do this check up again etc etc etc

No comments: