Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Food Trip Series: On a night like this

AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN!!!

So I tried posting this earlier but for some reason it was not save.

But I figure I have to write about this. It's seldom I get to blog about what seem to be a shallow topic but special.

About the story...

So it was Monday night when I drove to the nearest Sedano Supermarket here in my area. For the benefit of my other readers, if you're onshore here in the US, one activity you can do is go for a quick trip in the grocery store and it's really therapeutic but stressful for the pocket. Sarap mag-ikot sa grocery, mamili ng pagkain or any interesting finds 'ika nga.

I went to the grocery to buy canned pineaple for my "Chicken Pinya" but then again I was feeling different. I was actually feeling good to cut to the chase! I felt amuse and decided I wanted to eat two of my favorites - fruit salad and macaroni salad.

Preparing these two dish brought some relief and brought back some memories -

Macaroni ala Florida -

Every New Year our family will always prepare some food to welcome an abundant year ahead. My dad's favorite is Chicken Macaroni Salad. I will miss preparing this in Manila in welcoming 2009. But then again to make up for that, I had the itch to do it now. Simmered with love, good memories of welcoming a new year I prepared this wonderful and classical macaroni recipe. I think every Filipino family likes macaroni as part of their usual medya noche feast.

Classic Fruitty Fruit Salad -

On the same night, aside from the macaroni recipe, I tossed and whipped some cream and condensed milk. I ended up mixing it with a can of fruit cocktail. I recall preparing this dessert every Christmas or any other special occassion in my family. I used to do this with my nanay when she was alive. Both of us love sweet tasting desserts. Mana-mana daw! Sana lang di ko manahin diabetes nya hahaha

Regardless of the fact that my mom doesn't live anymore, I still continue to prepare fruit salad for every occassion. Sometimes I just cook it up even for a simple night or day, just to satisfy my cravings and make me feel comfortable.

No comments: