Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Reflective Thoughts with a Good Friend

My good friend and I were talking this morning. We were talking about relationships. She was always the playful, not so serious in a relationship as she would claim to me. She would always meet with men and date them and have some intimacy with them. But in the end, she would not take it seriously. For her, it’s not her cup of tea. Is that the term for it? Oh well.



I, for certain was her opposite. I have been in deep, serious war against finding my love. Finding a friend and a partner whom I could share, complement and integrate with is one thing I think is important to me. I’ve been through a lot of interesting encounters with women and men. I don’t deny that fact now, as I am writing this. It’s all basically the same. I have loved and been hurt many times. Sometimes I grew tired and weary. My work, my style has been affected. In the end, I exert some force to move on and go on.



My friend and I, are opposite in our ideas when it comes to dealing with this love thing. I have always encouraged her to try it out seriously. At the same time, she has encouraged me to try it out slowly and don’t rush. By all means, we share those ideas and in a bit fashion we delight with our own experiences.



Just recently, both of us experienced yet another unforgettable encounter, respectively. This time the only difference is the way she, my friend, has thought of her recent encounter. She said to me that she is now somehow ready to consider serious relationship with this man. Or if I understand it right, she said she is 70% sure she likes the man. I’d say in an instant encounter she felt compatibility with this man. I certainly believe that this can happen. Sometimes this kind of setup tends to be the real ones. But I cautioned her as well to take it slowly as she would always tell me.



As she was in her own experience, I also shared with her my recent encounter. As usual my dilemma was the thought of not knowing if the person that I am seeing is really interested in me or was it all just a play? I had this most peculiar encounter with this man and certainly I would really think that this might just be some adventure. But there are just those elements that cannot be seen by the naked eye that I feel or at least I think I can see through.



I certainly know my feeling for this man. I know I like him and I am interested in getting to know him better. But the only reception that I am receiving from him is vague signal that is confusing on my end. I am confuse, maybe I am just being so excited and overly assuming that we do have a connection not just physically but in other aspect of the relationship. Somehow I do want to think it that way. On the other hand, I also think that I am just the one thinking of it that way.



My good friend said that I should just enjoy the moment. Try to get to know the man and just be myself. At this point, I wonder how far can I go? And how interested this man is to me? I like him indeed. I know probably for a fact that he still has some personal things to consider. Can’t he just say, “I like you too, if you’ll wait for me…” Maybe a clear, solid signal that will assure me that I am not lost.





The point is! In a relationship, there are varied circumstances. Communicating your feeling and saying what you mean is one thing. Assuring someone and being honest is another important matter. Being friends first will certainly develop any serious possibility of a deeper relationship, if both parties are willing to cross this line. In having a serious connection, all these will combine.



For my friend and I. I wish us both HAPPINESS and TRUE LOVE in all its definition. Thanks to you for sharing your thoughts to me and as I to you. Thanks to Nur as my friend’s “1/4 Banana Chip” and to Flip as my “Philbox”, for without them we would not feel this good feeling again. Friends or more than that, we all win this round!



1 comment:

haPpY_eLF said...

ano ba yan?! banana chip and philbox?!

pero alam mo, i relaly thought of your both that time i heard about your stories...

i wish you both, my dear frends, happiness.. for always! stay happy. :)